Today’s teens spend a substantial amount of their time playing games; either online or on their consoles and PCs via DVD. However, most of them tend to be attracted to online games due to its excellent gameplay, easy user interface and addictive entertainment. Online games are often free, and since their appearance they have gained a large following. What started as a source of entertainment to pass the time is now quickly becoming an addiction. The large number of options available in each game serve to attract the attention of the users and keep it for a considerable time; the result is often that they become addicted to a particular game. Their fascination knows no bounds.
So what exactly is it about an online game that attracts the attention of young people all over the world? The answer is diverse but very obvious. This is what we believe is contributing to the growth of this addiction.
- The competitive nature of each online game. The fact that everyone can see the scores and compare them to the best online, gives each person a reason to try to get better and better to somehow beat the top scorer. This serves to draw your attention to the game as opposed to anything else, and is vital to the success of online gaming.
- In the case of a story or level based game, the thirst to reach the top in each level plays a crucial role in capturing the user’s attention. Each user tends to concentrate on the game he is playing in an effort to reach the most difficult level and win it. Some don’t even bother to take a break between levels and are constantly glued to their computer screens.
- Role-playing games available online make a young player imagine himself as the character he is impersonating in the game, with the result that the virtual world becomes the world he lives in, and requires considerable effort to bring it back to the real world once they turn on their computers to play such a game.
- Games that have all levels locked, such as Rovio Mobile’s Angry Birds, tend to grab users’ attention by making them want to unlock all levels. This anticipation results in an ability to play continuously until a set of levels have been beaten, and is a huge ace in the developer’s basket for making money.
- Online games, being connected to a server spread all over the world, allow everyone to interact with many other players, making it easy for them to find friends, compete with them and have the time of their lives. This applies specifically to isolated young people who have few friends at their school or university, because they find better company and gain confidence through such virtual contacts.
The cause of such addiction seen in today’s youth for gaming, particularly online gaming, is being debated. Some say it is the fault of parents who allow children computers at a young age when they have not yet learned to sort เว็บแทงบอล out their priorities, while others blame young people because most of them tend to ignore studies if they have the opportunity. , and that opportunity is provided by a suitably addictive online game on one of your favorite online gaming portals.